Saturday, October 11, 2008

How to fix USB Flash drive problem


This is just one of the problems I've encountered and found a solution using the internet. When I plugged my flash disk on the usb hub, my computer suddenly hang. I though there's a problem with my computer so i tried to plug my flash disk on my sister's computer, unfortunately the same problem occured. So I tried to search for possible solutions. and fortunately I found one, and now my flash disk is working perfectly..

Here's how I did it:

REMINDER:
The following steps will format your flash drive. All information will be lost.

1.) I downloaded and installed HP Drive Key Boot Utility
2.) Plugged my flash drive
3.) Then I opened the software I just installed found on START>ALL PROGRAMS>HP SYSTEM TOOLS>HP DRIVE KEY BOOT UTILITY
4.)CLICK NEXT, then choose the drive letter for your flash drive, then just click next or the recommended step, until the steps are completed. You will be notified if it's successful.
5.) Then go to my computer, and look for the flash drive letter, then right click the drive then click format, check the quick format box.
6.) You are now able to access your flash drive without freezing yor computer

No comments: